Friday 2 January 2015

Favourites of 2014

Hey everyone! So 2014 is now over...I can't believe it,this year has flown by! So I thought that I would show you the things that I have been loving this year!



This year has been a year of new beauty discoveries and rediscoveries and these are the ones that have stood out the most. 

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer -  I bought this at the start of 2014 and I've loved it ever since. I never really thought that tinted moisturizers had much coverage but I was wrong. It has amazing coverage,probably the same amount as some of my foundations.The finish is in no way cakey,it blends perfectly and it definitely puts some moisture in the skin. Don't think that because it's a tinted moisturizer that it won't cover because I thought this and I was amazed by the finish,it left my skin looking flawless. 

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - I got this for my birthday in July and it has been my go to eyeshadow palette all year round. It is definitely my all time favourite eyeshadow palette ever,it has six matte shades ranging from an almost white shade to a carbon black. It's just the perfect little everyday palette and it's no wonder it has made it into my favourites.

Zoeva Classic Brush Set - Zoeva was a new brand discovery for me this year. I got the make up brush set for my birthday and I absolutely love them. They are such high quality,luxurious brushes. I use these on a daily basis and I will hopefully add to my collection in 2015....with some prettier rose gold ones perhaps

Bobbi Brown Corrector - This was a rediscovery of mine,I actually got this for Christmas 2013 and I wasn't entirely sure about this product so it was lying at the bottom of my makeup bag for so long. I completely forgot about it until around June when I was having a makeup clear out and I rediscovered it again. It is now a part of my everyday makeup routine and it works perfectly under foundation to help cover any dark circles (which I have a major problem with) and it isn't cakey unlike some other correctors.I have definitely used this A LOT in 2014.

Essie Romper Room - This nail polish came in a set of four mini nail polishes. Essie is my favourite nail polish brand and this shade was part of the Spring 2014,I think I've had this nail polish on 90% of this year! Essie is not the cheapest nail polish brand but it's such good quality and this shade is just perfect,it's so flattering for my skintone. I think I will struggle to find a nail polish shade that will beat this one! 

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream - I can't remember exactly when I got this but I think that it was in the spring time,I got it as a gift. This was definitely my Spring/Summer scent of this year,its a gorgeous floral,classy scent. The thing I love most about Marc Jacobs perfume is that they have the most beautiful bottles and this didn't disappoint. The scent,the design - Marc Jacobs make the most beautiful perfume.

Nars Laguna Bronzer - This bronzer has been all over the internet,it has been raved about for so long. I can't remember when exactly I got this but I have used this all year! I wasn't entirely sure about this before buying because I knew it was shimmery and bronzers tend to look orange on some of us pale skinned people....but no, this was perfect! It gives me that little bit of a bronze without looking too full on! It is quite expensive for a bronzer....but definitely worth the splurge. 

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Lightscapade - This has been the highlighter I have reached for,nearly everyday of the year! It is perfect for pale skin,it doesn't leave a metallic looking finish on the cheeks. Although the weartime isn't the best, it is definitely my favourite highlight of the year. I love sweeping this over my cheekbones,brow bone and cupids bow because it gives the most natural glow. It's definitely my holy grail highlighter...it's so beautiful. 

Estee Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer - This primer is the only primer I've used all year. It doesn't make your foundation cakey like some other primers. It's lightweight and is a lotion-like texture. I think the primer makes a visible difference. Whenever I have it on,my skin looks fresher,dewier,smoother and I find that my pores look smaller. It definitely keeps my makeup on for much longer.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - This is my holy grail concealer. It is high coverage, easily blended,doesn't crease and covers dark circles....everything you need in a concealer really. This is far better than any of my high end concealers,definitely worth all the hype. Nobody notices those dark circles under your eyes with this product....definitely one of my holy grail products.
So that's it! Thats my favourite products of 2014....What are some of your favourite products from 2014?
Happy New Year

0 comments:

Post a Comment